Windjammer Capital is seeking an experienced Senior Associate or Vice President to join their investment team who will participate in the sourcing, evaluation, diligence and execution of investments, investment execution, and portfolio management of portfolio companies, and sourcing of new platforms and add-on acquisitions. On any given assignment, the successful candidate will work with the deal team lead and will have a high level of responsibility at the daily leadership and execution level.
As a middle-market firm operating in a dynamic and hands-on environment, Windjammer requires team members that are able to balance the need to think strategically and take on significant levels of responsibility with the need to be self-reliant and execute at the ground level. Strong communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills are imperative as they are critical to working effectively within the firm and with portfolio company management teams.
Windjammer Capital Investors is a private equity investment firm, based in Newport Beach, CA and Waltham, MA that invests control equity in middle-market businesses and in partnership with management. Since its founding in 1990, Windjammer has managed over $2 billion of committed capital with respect to its control equity investment strategy and has completed over 60 platform investments and more than 160 strategic add-ons. The firm targets investments in companies that are leaders in attractive niche markets in a range of industries including manufacturing, value-added distribution, business services, and healthcare that exhibit the following characteristics: significant and defensible market positions; differentiated products and services; strong management teams; scalable business models; identifiable growth opportunities; and consistent financial performance.
- Work with deal team lead to develop and evaluate the investment thesis
- Manage the daily execution of the investment evaluation process and diligence work plan
- Manage, oversee and lead modeling and valuation analysis
- Active participation in investment committee, lender and key diligence meetings and calls
- Thought partner to senior professionals on key economic and legal points on transaction and financing documents
- Responsible for producing key deal evaluation deliverables (e.g. investment memos, diligence summaries, etc.)
- Responsible for organizing and reviewing all diligence findings
- Lead the evaluation and selection of middle market lenders
- Manage junior resources assigned to deal team
- Provide management with direction on weekly, monthly and ad hoc reporting; review reports and identify trends and opportunities
- Develop and maintain a strong relationship with company management
- Assist management teams with various types of financial analysis
- Responsibility for all quarterly firm reporting requirements
- Lead the execution of add-on acquisitions, portfolio company financings and the ultimate exit process
- Build and maintain network within industry
- Serve as a key contributor in all meetings with the company or investment committee
- Communicate with lenders as appropriate
- Participate in firm’s weekly deal meetings
- Take active role in recruiting, training, and mentoring Associates
- Participate in marketing/sourcing by networking and maintaining active dialogue with investment banking contacts, deal brokers and other intermediaries. Assist in thought process, creation, and development of new investment theses and sector silos
- Assist with internal improvement priorities
- Bachelor’s degree from a top ranked University. Business, financial or engineering degree preferred but not required
- MBA is highly desirable
- Deep knowledge of business strategy, finance and accounting, and a strong grasp of project management, deal structuring and familiarity with the capital markets for middle market businesses
- The successful candidate will be service-oriented in their approach to colleagues, investors, intermediaries, management teams, and deal partners (lenders and co-investors, etc.)
- At least 3-5 years working in private equity at a top-tier firm or in a similar investment experience with a focus on middle market transactions ($50M-$200M Equity Investment Size)
- Experience investing in and working with middle market niche manufacturing, specialty distribution, business services, healthcare, and/or consumer & food is highly desirable
- A proven ability to understand, compare and contrast various deal structures
- Demonstrated competency in all aspects of investment opportunity execution including analysis, due diligence, company and market valuation, and preparing investment memorandums
- Exposure to negotiations, structuring, funding and closing deals strongly preferred
- Excellent quantitative analytical ability with exceptional skills in analyzing investment opportunities, relative market valuation information, financial statements, business valuation/modeling, accounting and company financial statements
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience working in small teams and the ability to manage and guide junior professionals
- Ability to source, research and synthesize industry data, metrics and reports
- Strong work ethic; ability to work under limited supervision
- Highly motivated, intelligent, and has demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors.
- Applies critical thinking skills to evaluation of business models, with an innate intellectual curiosity
- Will exhibit a high-level of EQ, integrity, ethical judgment and confidence.
- This person will need to be self-reliant and have comfort and desire to work in a hands-on environment, often under pressure.
- The candidate must be team-oriented and collaborative. Can work within a dynamic, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions. Confident in conveying ideas and findings.
- Resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems.
- Relationship oriented, results driven executor, with proven decision-making ability.
- Enthusiastic, pro‐active, positive attitude with good listening skills.
- A passion for private equity, investing in middle market companies and working with management teams to create long term value.
All interested candidates should send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org